125 Years of promoting the art of tea – drinking
As a pionneer of the tea industry in Mauritius since 1886, the family business Corson Tea Estate aims to offer teas of excellent quality to its customers, while respecting and promoting the art of tea-drinking, Mauritian style.
For over a century (125 years), the company, led today by Mrs Deborah Corson Adam, has strived to improve the quality of the tea grown on Mauritian ground :
• by rigorously selecting the plant stock and cultivators
• by keeping the ancestral picking techniques, selecting only the tender leaves and the bud
• by referring to scientific studies to improve cultivation methods
• by modernising production methods
• by creatively diversifying its products in order to respond to market expectations and needs
• by keeping up with international trends.