1 kg fish cut into pieces, 50 g Mayil masala of spices for fish, 2 sliced onions, 500 g eggplant cut into quarters, juice of ½ lemon, 1 tbs garlic and ginger paste, 100 g coriander, 4 diced tomatoes, 100 g tamarind paste diluted in water, 5 curry leaves, 250 ml vegetable oil, 10 g salt, 5 g pepper.
- Marinate the fish with salt, pepper and lemon juice. Fry and put aside.
- Sweat onions, garlic, ginger and curry leaves.
- Add Mayil masala of spices for fish and 1 or 2 cups of water.
- Allow to go brown for 5 minutes.
- Add the fish, tomatoes and tamarind juice and simmer over low heat.
- Stir in fried eggplants and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Best served hot, with white rice.