1 kg chicken cut into pieces, 75 g Mayil spices for kalia, 2 sliced onions, 15 g thyme, 150 g diced potatoes, 3 tbs vegetable oil, 1 tbs garlic and ginger paste, 3 tbs clarified butter, 1 tbs yoghurt, 50 g diced tomatoes, 5 curry leaves, 10 g salt, 5 g pepper, 100 g minced coriander.
- Marinate the chicken with salt, pepper, garlic, ginger and yoghurt and leave aside for 2 hours.
- In a pot, fry onions and curry leaves in clarified butter.
- Add chicken and potatoes.
- Stir in Mayil spices for kalia and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add a cup of water and the tomatoes.
- Cook for 15 minutes and sprinkle with minced coriander.
- Best served hot, with white rice.